Thursday, August 27, 2009

da Bronx

J and A at the Bronx Zoo, New York

A. tries out a bird's nest.






Watching the sea lions.






J. imitates the camels.

Lots of monkeys here.


The Asia Monorail:
takes passengers on a tour of one area of the zoo


My sister-in-law was telling me all about the family membership @ the Bronx Zoo yesterday, and since I had the day off, and the zoo is so close (about a 15 min ride on the Bronx River Parkway), the boys and I decided to check it out. It is a beautiful day here in NY!

We explored just a couple areas of the zoo, which took us about three hours. On the whole, it is very nice, well maintained, and the animals are really well cared for--we had a good time. I was really amazed at how much stuff the boys already knew about many of the animals we saw. We plan to go back, hopefully with L. in tow if he and I have a day off together at some point--I missed him today.

L. started orientation for classes and it sounds as if he is having a good day as well--we have been texting back and forth between his meetings/classes, vocal try-outs, and testing he has undertaken. We have a campus cook-out tonight and tomorrow I have my first 12 hour shift on the floor. Lord have mercy! Things are busy, but good in many ways...

0 comments: